- This event has passed.
August 27 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
“craftivism is a way of looking at life where voicing opinions through creativity makes your voice stronger, your compassion deeper & your quest for justice more infinite” – Betsy Greer.
Extinction Rebellion will for one evening be taking over Wharf Chambers, allowing you to take part in various craft activities. We’ll be creating diverse, beautiful pieces of work, to show the world that the power is in our hands;
– Banner making
– ‘Pimp your Hi Viz’
– Clothes upscaling
– placard making
And anything else you’d like to do! So bring your materials for any of the above and more 🙂
Any group is welcome to take part, as long as our ethos is followed.
1. We have a shared vision of change
2. We set our mission on what is necessary
3. We need a regenerative culture
4. We openly challenge ourselves and our toxic system
5. We value reflecting and learning
6. We welcome everyone and every part of everyone
7. We actively mitigate for power
8. We avoid blaming and shaming
9. We are a non-violent network
10. We are based on autonomy and decentralisation
More information about Extinction Rebellion can be found here; https://rebellion.earth/the-truth/about-us/
So come along and stick it to the man (with scissors and a needle and thread) !!
If you’re an activist group that want’s to be involved in hosting this event, we would love that, please get in touch with the organisers.
Anyone who has experience of a particular craft or has run a workshop like this before, please get in touch with the organisers.